Sunday 2 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 31 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"

May 31 2013: step five in mind… "My higher power is truth, love and wisdom…" Having being around on the planet for quite a while, I keep on learning more about the truth, love and wisdom which develops and changes every day. And still I have opinions and beliefs which had been with me all my life, and sometimes my beliefs and opinions are quite wrong, because I don't have all the facts, I don't have all the feelings and I don't want to change my mind? I am more open these days, trying to be honest and willing to change…

Step five is about sharing the truth of what happened to me over the years. And why I became an alcoholic and why oh why did it take me so long to realise that the only way to get to the truth is, with a clear head and not one full of alcohol which kept me stuck in the mud, stuck in old ideas, old feelings and emotions, denying plausibly everything that happened which was bad and ugly. Alcohol made me feel good, even though life was bad and ugly, and many just became ugly and much uglier than the sober truth of now…



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 31

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: