Monday 17 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 17 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 17 2013: step six in mind… Page 108 step twelve little blue book hardback twelve and twelve: "and then, in step seven, we humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings, such as he could or would under the conditions of the day we asked." Shortcomings in my case, under the conditions of the day: lack of courage to change, lack of faith in doing the next right thing and lack of confidence. Step six: where fear, pride and ego can emerge on any given day can undermine my courage to change, faith in doing the next right thing and confidence to have a go at something new, and be happy to be challenged…

Progress not perfection! Every day is a learning day, and providing I am meeting the expectations of the world around me in some way. And still having room for growth, room to be a part of life and keep exploring helps me find a path and journey without any particular destination. Sometimes we need goals and objectives, sometimes we need time to develop our ability to see the world as it is and how we fit before we start to change. In early days of recovery, I needed every ounce of help given, without conditions, to help me emerge and start being human again… No judgements, no telling me what to do, just the opportunity to be alive and make sense that it was okay to be me, and start again… And I needed to start from scratch without expectation or resentments under construction…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 17 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: