Sunday 9 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 9 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"

June 9 2013: step six in mind… "Fellows in fellowship to change!" I used to hear a particular person, refer to themselves as a real alcoholic like those in the big book. And there were many people coming to fellowship who weren't real alcoholics like in the big book." It used to make me wonder if I was a real alcoholic because I was not like them? Not really. But I could have felt anger and resentful if I had not remembered why we came to fellowship, a desire to stop drinking…

If I judge you, I am likely to evoke step six defects: extremes of pride, ego and fear coming into play. How dare you judge me as a lesser alcoholic, I certainly drank more than you did, you bastard! Or if I am feeling happy and balanced having being judged a lesser alcoholic, with step seven: enough courage, faith and confidence to be the alcoholic I am, I don't mind what you think of me, its none of my business… The good news, the "real alcoholic," is now a Buddhist, and whilst I am not a Buddhist, he does not judge me anymore…



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 9

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: