Friday 14 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 14 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"



June 14 2013: step six in mind… "Open, honest and willing to work on my faults?" This is not doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Open, honest and willing to change our attitude and our behaviour. And we can with willingness being key, and humility of equal strength. Humility to keep making mistakes, not the same mistakes, new mistakes every single day. And so we learn the skill of living and growing, with freedom to choose our direction.

Yes but no but yes! Freedom to choose my direction, but what if I don't know where I'm going, what if I don't know who I am, what if I'm up a gum tree without a paddle? Take it easy, is my suggestion, freedom to choose is not battling, it is the freedom to learn what is good for me as each day unfolds. It really is the journey and not the destination which counts. Am I hungry, angry, lonely or and tired this morning? I do feel a bit lonely, so I will feel better for a meeting sooner rather than later today…

Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 14 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: