Tuesday 4 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 4 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"

June 4 2013: step six in mind… "Elephants and mice!" And the elephant is me and my attitude, and what behaviour could follow. I would like to make the elephant my landlord who has failed miserably to eradicate the mice problem. In my abode, holes in the walls and the cupboards have been blocked. And yet the mouse! Running from room to room, the little blighter has no idea about my elephant thoughts…

Submission, about my defects of character: pride and indignation? As I saw the mouse roaming around, in the early hours of the morning, after the initial shock of the pestilence, calm and serenity came quickly. It is not the fault of the mouse and is not the fault of the landlord? Not really, all they can do is send round the mouse man. As I am the elephant in the room, the indignation was short lived and acceptance that the mice can trip me up any time and anywhere. It is not the size of the problem I encounter, all I need is to work out what I can and cannot do and do my part, then hand it over, in this case to the mouse man without screaming from the roof, "how dare it happen to me yet again…"



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 3

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: