Saturday 8 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 7 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"

June 7 2013: step six in mind… "Don't tell me what to do, I already know what to do! I know I can be unhelpful if I try proselytise: tell you what to do because I know better. With regard to anything, I only know what is working for me. It is a harsh lesson when people tell us to go fuck ourselves when we were only trying to be helpful…" The road to hell is paved with good intent and sometimes our good intent is based on hearsay, rhetoric and the last person we talk to who had a solution.

Learning how to be sober is a very personal journey: emotional, learning our feelings and actually feeling them as they are happening, and based on our current situation. Spiritual: living in the moment, experiencing our feelings and thinking as they happen and being able to learn and grow as our life experience is happening right now. So why on earth do we have a gratitude list, and step ten? Because sometimes, or in my case very often, my feelings, lag behind events happening and my thinking is not as quick as maybe I would wish it to be. Spiritual: learning how to love, and be loved back in the moment of now is quite difficult when we are learning every day, especially when we are over thinking and proselytising without even realising it…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 7

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: