Wednesday 5 June 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | June 5 | DonInLondon | Step 6 "Let Go"

June 5 2013: step six in mind… "Neighbour's dog barking in the early hours, having been let out and the owner has fallen asleep…" Let barking dogs lie? It's not the first time the dog has been barking. I have a live and let live policy with the dog and my neighbour. Then a policeman arrives on the doorstep asking if I know the neighbour… How much to tell them about what I know? I keep it simple and only suggest that the neighbour sleeps very heavily and has a bad leg…

I looked down stairs into my neighbour's garden, five policeman and a woofing dog, and they asked me if I knew the layout of the apartment below. And I do. Step six: anger and resentment at the dog and the owner would have made me call the police. Step seven: I did not call the police, but they turned up anyway. I was hopeful that the owner would wake up of their own accord. But as it happens other neighbours are not tolerant and don't like my neighbour. Love thy neighbour? Not very lovable. But I don't need to make matters worse than they are already… There will be a ruckus at some point, as my neighbour gets angry at the intrusion and the feelings which follow… Easy does it, tolerance is the right way for me and I will keep my cauldron of oil off the stove today… But I did have to complain to the landlord about the mice, they don't woof, that they do affect my serenity…



Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Six Collection" June 5

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 6, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: