Tuesday 20 December 2011

December 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 9 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Today’s reflection, love with no price tag is a truth in recovery. We do try practice these principles in all our affairs. In meetings and face to face we share experience strength and hope and oddly we do love people and hate their behaviour from time to time. Love the person, know behaviour. Behaviour can be horrible, mine was for a long time and yet I was still loved…



Just back from a meeting called “just for today.” Always good seeing people I love, like, am getting to know. And of course some people I need not love like or get to know. We are all in fellowship and life together. And the same applies; I am certainly not everyone’s cup of tea!



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 9 2010 ~ At the extremes of success or failure, my life became very precarious and unsustainable. When people told me that sober, the path becomes narrower, I was not too thrilled. And then I found as the path narrowed, my emotional and spiritual experience became much deeper and more profound in the moment of now...





December 9 2010 ~ Back in the day, I was forever seeking the next best experience, trying to fix myself. The next right relationship, the next right job, the next right anything, always about the next fix. Today, I live the experience of now, learning how I am feeling, why and what to do. With a lot of help from my friends today!



AA Daily Reflections ~ "LOVE WITH NO PRICE TAG When the Twelfth Step is seen in its full implication, it is really talking about the kind of love that has no price tag on it. Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 106



In order for me to start working the Twelfth Step, I had to work on sincerity, honesty, and to learn to act with humility. Carrying the message is a gift of myself, no matter how many years of sobriety I may have accumulated. My dreams can become reality. I solidify my sobriety by sharing what I have received freely. As I look back to that time when I began my recovery, there was already a seed of hope that I could help another drunk pull himself out of his alcoholic mire. My wish to help another drunk is the key to my spiritual health. But I never forget that God acts through me. I am only His instrument. Even if the other person is not ready, there is success, because my effort in his behalf has helped me to remain sober and to become stronger. To act, to never grow weary in my Twelfth Step work, is the key. If I am capable of laughing today, let me not forget those days when I cried. God reminds me that I can feel compassion!"

-/-

No comments: