Saturday 31 December 2011

December 31 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 31 | AA 12 Steps In Action |



When I feel right, I probably think right and then my actions may be right. Unburdened from the past, and not fearful of my future, I can live in this one day. When I feel wrong, my thinking may be wrong and my actions wrong too, and if it all goes wrong, I have fellowship and the humility to keep on learning just for a day…



Last day of the year, looking back I have had less fear, no need to put on a brave face or hide away from anything or anyone. With help and support, my faith and courage have helped me build confidence in living one day at a time. Living the truth, and being open honest and willing will guide me into the New Year. With truth and honesty I can ask for help at anytime and anywhere…



Time flies in recovery, so many new friends and connections, the feeling of included and not excluded helps me find peace and serenity. I hope when you encounter me, I am myself and what you see is what you get. No need to cover up or fear you finding me out as less than, or untruthful. Being a learner is key to my spiritual living and always just for today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



"I don’t have to make New Year’s resolutions! I can make every day a New Year’s day!" A day at a time, when I was living in the problem, it was a never ending nightmare. A day at a time living in the solution, my feelings fit the experience I am having. I am able to love, be loved back and useful. Happy ordinary, very extraordinary living today...



Realising I am powerless over people, places and things has let me be free to see my part in living today. No longer confounded or imprisoned by "my way" I see the big picture of life. The big picture, where I am included, know my feelings fit the experience I am having, I have freedom of choice based on reality, simply for today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "The idea of “twenty-four-hour” living applies primarily to the emotional life of the individual. Emotionally speaking, we must not live in yesterday, or in tomorrow. As Bill Sees It, p. 284



A New year: 12 months, 52 weeks, 365 days, 8,760 hours, 525,600 minutes–a time to consider directions, goals, and actions. I must make some plans to live a normal life, but also I must live emotionally within a twenty-four hour frame, for if I do, I don’t have to make New Year’s resolutions! I can make every day a New Year’s Day! I can decide, “Today I will do this . . . Today I will do that.” Each day I can measure my life by trying to a little better; by deciding to follow God’s will and making an effort to put the principles of our A.A. program into action."

-/-

No comments: