Thursday 22 December 2011

December 22 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 22 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power, I went to a meeting last night and quite a few meetings recently where there were newcomers who don't know what to do. I know just how they feel, trying to cover up fear, putting on a brave face and very concerned. It makes me realise just how important the AA pledge is every day. All we need to do is offer help to support and encourage some faith, courage and confidence to be sober one day. That was all it took for me to try sober life, oh and of course, you!



Principles not personalities, the traditions are all about unity, service and recovery. We work together to maintain our sobriety. Service in Fellowship changes every day because we change and we don't hold on, we let go and share and include as much as possible. Thank the heavens recovery is just for today.…



The most contemptuous critic is always going to be me, when I used to look in the mirror, I did not see the real me, I saw someone imperfect and unworthy. I was always striving, and I really did not know why I disliked what I saw. Today when I look in the mirror, I brush my teeth, shave sometimes, deal with the odd spot and then get on with my day…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 22 2010 ~ in fellowship we do learn principles of living with the twelve steps. The twelve steps for me to put in the action and improve my principles and living. When I use the twelve steps to judge you and other people, my attitudes and behaviour become judgmental and mean. Principles before personalities, judge not and my life improves daily...





December 22 2010 ~ I have yet to meet a special and different alcoholic. I always meet unique and authentic people in fellowship, one similarity being "a desire to stop drinking." I do find like-minded people everywhere, and also people I simply cannot understand. I make friends with like-minded people and leave others to their own path today...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "PRINCIPLES, NOT PERSONALITIES the way our “worthy” alcoholics have sometimes tried to judge the “less worthy” is, as we look back on it, rather comical. Imagine, if you can, one alcoholic judging another! THE LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, p. 37



Who am I to judge anyone? When I first entered the Fellowship I found that I liked everyone. After all, A.A. was going to help me to a better way of life without alcohol. The reality was that I couldn’t possibly like everyone, nor they me. As I’ve grown in the Fellowship, I’ve learned to love everyone just from listening to what they had to say. That person over there, or the one right here, may be the one God has chosen to give me the message I need for today. I must always remember to place principles above personalities..."

-/-

No comments: