Tuesday 27 December 2011

December 27| AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 27 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power, how you feeling today? In recent times I have been discussing who you are with friends in fellowship. It seems to me that no one has been able to offer an answer about you and what you do. It seems to me that you are probably the most practical problem solver in the universe. When I look to nature and providence, and listen to my inner voice and listen to others, I learn and get closer to knowing the solution, just for today…



Powerless over people, places and things: When I feel okay and no pressure it is quite easy to accept powerlessness. And when the pressure is on I need to remind myself that my voice and my outlook are equal to anyone else's ideas and outlook. Sharing equally, if we can means we can work in harmony rather than conflict. It is never about being right, it is about being in the solution today…



Woke up feeling happy, and I think happy and my actions are based in happiness. Emotional and spiritual well-being, is knowing my mood and feelings and spiritual is being in the moment of now. Wake up feeling angry, then I think angry and my actions can be based on anger. My actions will influence what I continue to feel, my mood and how I think and what I do today…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



There is a proverb that says that everyone is a house with four rooms – a physical, an emotional, a mental and a spiritual. Most of us tend to live in one room most of the time, but unless we go into every room every day, even if only to keep it aired, we are not a complete person. Acceptance ~ Surrender ~ Faith ~ Open Mindedness ~ Honesty ~ Willingness ~ Moral Inventory ~ Amends ~ Humility ~ Persistence ~ Spiritual Growth ~ Service



Spiritual problem solving, as if there were any other kind. Fellowship, all about spiritual, emotional and physical well-being. Spiritual is often described as mind, body and breath in the moment of now. When I am in the moment where my feelings match my reality, feelings match my experience in the moment, what you see is what you get today...





Problem solving and decision making, is all about action in the moment and often about formulating plans. When I am on my own, problem solving and decision making is assertive behaviour. When I am with others problem solving and decision making need take account of everyone, a mutual oucome with empathy. Life is a two way street today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "PROBLEM SOLVING quite as important was the discovery that spiritual principles would solve all my problems. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 42



Through the recovery process described in the Big Book, I have come to realize that the same instructions that work on my alcoholism, work on much more. Whenever I am angry or frustrated, I consider the matter a manifestation of the main problem within me, alcoholism. As I walk through the Steps, my difficulty is usually dealt with long before I reach the Twelfth suggestion, and those difficulties that persist are remedied when I make an effort to carry the message to someone else. These principles do solve my problems! I have not encountered an exception, and I have been brought to a way of living which is satisfying and useful."

-/-

No comments: