Tuesday 13 December 2011

December 13 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 13 | AA 12 Steps In Action |






Waking up this morning I check my mood. An odd thing to suggest you may think? My mood this morning is hard to figure out, so I try not push myself this way or that. I listen to the news and can be mortified. Or I can read something to uplift me. Mood and feelings improve, my thinking improves and my actions improve. Can do something today? Yes I can, something simple and useful, be myself today…



Powerless: over people places and things… oh, and alcohol of course. Not only powerless, no need to try control or manipulate to my way of feeling or thinking today. No longer blocking my own spiritual growth nor yours. No prisoners, no wardens and no big sticks. And no need of carrots to coax a stubborn mind. Freedom to be ourselves, make the choices possible based on real life for a day…



Dear higher power, please help me avoid buying into anyone else’s bullshit today, I am quite capable of buying into my own…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 13 2010 ~ not simply thinking of others, actually helping another person into the solution is a key feature of life for me in my recovery. Fellowship has taught me how to help again, opens the world up to new experiences. To love, be loved and useful. Open, honest and willing without conditions and without prejudice...



December 13 2010 ~ I missed helping a newcomer a few weeks back, someone else found they could. And now we both help, the newcomer is included and part of, starting to make choices and experiencing a glimpse of freedom. They have a sponsor and people who care today. We do what we can, when we can daily...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "THINKING OF OTHERS our very lives, as ex-problem drinkers, depend upon our constant thought of others and how we may help meet their needs. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 20



Thinking of others has never come easily to me. Even when I try to work the A.A. program, I’m prone to thinking, “How do I feel today. Am I happy, joyous and free?” The program tells me that my thoughts must reach out to those around me: “Would that newcomer welcome someone to talk to?” “That person looks a little unhappy today, maybe I could cheer him up.” It is only when I forget my problems, and reach out to contribute something to others that I can begin to attain the serenity and God-consciousness I seek"

-/-

No comments: