Friday 2 December 2011

December 2 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 2 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Finance and romance all part of our spiritual awakenings, driven bonkers in our youth and then if fortune smiles, many people continue their growth in balance. All or nothing finance and romance and drink was not good for me and misunderstanding life and especially love. Today it is simple learning to love, be loved and useful, without conditions and unfolding in the moment, with no fear. Faith carries me today…



Each of us comes to an understanding about the spiritual life. I try to keep it simple and spiritual is living and coping with what is going on today. For a long time my outlook was made difficult by my drinking and I could not cope at all at the end, spiritual hell. Today I cope with reality, good, bad or simply a balance of both, asking for help in the moment… Your spiritual is always working for you...



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 2 2010 ~ Serenity for me is contingent on my spiritual condition. Coping with the way life is today and understanding the choices I have given my life situation. Knowing and experiencing my feelings as they change and life changes. Balance or extremes, in the moment and living life, to love, be loved and useful today...





December 2 2010 ~ Spiritual awakening in recovery? I have learned over the years that my spiritual awakening is continuous. We are always on our spiritual path in life. Today my ability to experience serenity is improved with each day sober. It is not about right or wrong, happy or sad, spiritual is being in reality in the moment of now...

-/-



AA Daily Reflections ~ "SERENITY ~ having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, . . . TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS



As I continued to go to meetings and work the Steps, something began to happen to me. I felt confused because I wasn’t sure what it was that I was feeling, and then I realized I was experiencing serenity. It was a good feeling, but where had it come from? Then I realized it had come “. . .as the result of these steps.” The program may not always be easy to practice, but I had to acknowledge that my serenity had come to me after working the Steps. As I work the Steps in everything I do, practicing these principles in all my affairs, now I find that I am awake to God, to others, and to myself. The spiritual awakening I have enjoyed as the result of working the Steps is the awareness that I am no longer alone."

-/-

No comments: