Monday 26 December 2011

December 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Dear higher power, today's reflection is about accepting success or failure. I'm coming to believe that acceptance in the moment means it is not a question of success or failure, the question is knowing the truth what am I going to do now? With the principals of being open, honest and willing to keep on learning life as it is and it's not failure, it is simply progress today…



Christmas day; morning meditation; sharing a message, Skyped and called my close family. A fellowship meeting, and then home to wrap presents. Shared the story on FB. Then out for Christmas dinner with close friends. Laughter till my sides split, fun and games and electric shocks from innocent looking toys. And serious discussion about the meaning of life. Just a perfect day… To love, be loved back and useful…



A fellowship where we find emotional and spiritual living is possible. Emotional, learning my feelings as they are and not what I imagine. Spiritual, living in and coping with the moment. When my feelings fit the moment of now, I am able to be me, know what I can do and what I can do and the wisdom to know the difference. No hangovers from the past, freedom to choose right here and right now…





DonInLondon 2005-2010



Sober, I am looking forward to seeing all my close family this boxing day. In the past it may have felt like an obligation, a duty, I really do not know. Now it feels exciting, included, I love my family and even though we may spark off from time to time, what matters is I feel right in my actions and free to choose, to love, be loved back and a part of today...



Acceptance is not complacency! It is living life on life's terms, even when life is difficult. Always in the action in the present moment, where our feelings match the experience we are having. Often, it can take time for our feelings to come back into balance when life experience is outside the ordinary. In the moment we do experience extremes as they are today...





Can we accept poverty, sickness, loneliness, and bereavement with courage and serenity? Yes when we keep talking and expressing our feelings as they are today. We need not hide or push away tears of joy or sadness; sometimes tears feel as inconvenient as the truth. Better to express our feelings as they are in the moment of now where truth resides...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "ACCEPTING SUCCESS OR FAILURE December 26 furthermore, how shall we come to terms with seeming failure or success? Can we now accept and adjust to either without despair or pride? Can we accept poverty, sickness, loneliness, and bereavement with courage and serenity? Can we steadfastly content ourselves with the humbler, yet sometimes more durable, satisfactions when the brighter, more glittering achievements are denied us?



TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 112

After I found A.A. and stopped drinking, it took a while before I understood why the First Step contained two parts: my powerlessness over alcohol and my life’s unmanageability. In the same way, I believed for a long time that, in order to be in tune with the Twelve Steps, it was enough for me to carry this message to alcoholics. That was rushing things. I was forgetting that there were a total of Twelve Steps and that the Twelfth Step also had more than one part. Eventually I learned that it was necessary for me to practice these principles in all areas of my life. In working all the Steps thoroughly, I not only stay sober and help someone else to achieve sobriety, but also I transform my difficulty with living into a joy of living."

-/-

No comments: