Sunday 18 December 2011

December 18 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 18 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







It is not what I do that counts it is what we do which makes the difference. Asked and answered over and over, one day at a time…



Dear higher power, what a day yesterday. Newcomers in the room and as the meeting came to an end, seeing my fellows reaching out, offering help, phone numbers and where to finds. I did say hello and offered, but not needed today as some were faster on their feet. A good feeling, no need to rush, patience, tolerance and love and good company in fellowship…



Over the last few days; more newcomers, feeling red raw. And just about able to listen as we share seriously and humorously. Shocked and relieved by our similarities and our diversity. As we laugh at our misfortune and redemption, newcomers uncertain and then seeing something new; people coping with reality…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 18 2010 ~ "honesty with newcomers" a desire to be sober so I have freedom to live as well can be given my current circumstances. I don't tell anyone what to do, simply share my experience strength and hope. Accepting life on life's terms can be difficult. I am one voice; it is the many voices in fellowship keeping me sober today...





December 18 2010 ~ I do not know what is spiritual for other people, and I do not know how spiritual may work in their lives. For me, spiritual is the ability to cope with reality, my real situation today. My higher power is connection to truth, love and wisdom experienced in the moment. Life is changing and I keep learning, always for today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "HONESTY WITH NEWCOMERS tell him exactly what happen to you. Stress the spiritual feature freely. Alcoholics Anonymous Page 93



The marvel of A.A. is that I tell only what happened to me. I don’t waste time offering advice to potential newcomers, for if advice worked, nobody would get to A.A. All I have to do is show what has brought me sobriety and what has changed my life. If I fail to stress the spiritual feature of A.A.’s program, I am being dishonest. The newcomer should not be given a false impression of sobriety. I am sober only through the grace of my Higher Power, and that makes it possible for me to share with others"

-/-

No comments: