Tuesday 6 December 2011

December 6 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 6 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







When the chips are down my higher power works through the people I come to know and trust. All people, from fellowship, to family, to community and to the professionals who monitor medical conditions received in sobriety. The chips have been down on many occasions, and the wisdom of the many has helped me out of many a scrape encountered one day at a time…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 6 2010 ~ Evolution and Revolution... we are all evolving, change is happening. Change happens sometimes quickly sometimes slowly. Progress is good even though it can be gut wrenching at times. When a revolution is in play inside me, from problem to solution, I lean on fellowship for experience strength and hope one day at a time...





December 6 2010 ~ many have more knowledge than me, many have more experience, many have more wisdom. Many together provide me with guidance in fellowship. I hope I can listen, learn and find answers. Listening and humility, always learning as my experience grows, to feel and deal with reality as it may be today...





AA Daily Reflections ~ "December 6 Step Twelve A.A. Daily Reflections ~} "WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN" When we developed still more, we discovered the best possible source of emotional stability to be God Himself. We found that dependence upon His perfect justice, forgiveness, and love was healthy, and that it would work where nothing else would. If we really depended upon God, we couldn’t very well play God to our fellows nor would we feel the urge wholly to rely on human protection and care. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 116



It has been my experience that, when all human resources appear to have failed, there is always One who will never desert me. Moreover, He is always there to share my joy, to steer me down the right path, and to confide in when no one else will do. While my well-being and happiness can be added to, or diminished, by human efforts, only God can provide the loving nourishment upon which I depend for my daily spiritual health."

-/-

No comments: