Tuesday 20 December 2011

December 20 | AA 12 Steps In Action |

December 20 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Steps for open, honest and willing endeavour. The traditions are for unity, service and recovery in our fellowship. Steps to stop us feeling the need to commit suicide, traditions to stop us becoming homicidal. Timescales, in the moment and just for the day makes it possible to cope with our feelings and reality. Emotional and spiritual, humility to learn our path just for today…



Dear higher power, how are you feeling today? I have been well fed, loved and able to love back. A saying: “the usefulness of any vessel is in its emptiness.” A friend took my phone number just in case. And I have gratitude to have room [empty space] to help if asked; I can answer yes today…



A newcomers meeting last night, we go round the room saying our names and sobriety time, some a few days sober and red raw, to years sober some red raw. And many who are quite mellow as life batters the innocent in dark times. A common thread, putting down the drink and coping with reality for a day…





DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 21 2010 ~ when working with our fellows there is a big difference between doing good and being a “do gooder.” Doing some good is helping to free another so they can continue their spiritual journey sober. If I fall into "do gooding," my opinion and prejudice come to the fore. Open, honest and willing to share and never to impose my way on your way today...



December 21 2010 ~ I learn from every experience, and every moment is a success as I experience what works and does not work in life. Open, honest and willing endeavour helps me find truth love and wisdom. When I live with enough faith, courage and confidence, learn with humility, I am less likely to hamper others on their spiritual path today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "December 21 Step Twelve A.A. Daily Reflections ~} LISTEN, SHARE AND PRAY when working with a man and his family, you should take care not to participate in their quarrels. You may spoil your chance of being helpful if you do. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 100



When trying to help a fellow alcoholic, I’ve given in to an impulse to give advice, and perhaps that’s inevitable. But allowing others the right to be wrong reaps its own benefits. The best I can do — and it sounds easier than it is to put into practice — is to listen, share personal experience, and pray for other man."

-/-

No comments: