Monday 12 December 2011

December 12 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 12 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Chaos is never the enemy. Growing up everything was new without the answers. Learning to hear, then speak then make some sense of the world. We thrived on the new experiences. And then a lot of us got stuck relying on old thinking and actions. We needed certainty and security from fear. Today I can welcome chaos and learn to meet challenges with faith, needs met and wants forgotten. New feelings, new thinking and new action, simply for today…



Daily reflections are about our common solution for today. The focus is about sharing the message of unity, service and recovery. A common solution, lived in action and unique to each person. We can do what we can do, change at any time, help and support as we learn. Each case so similar, day by day, the actions unique based on wisdom learned. The hand of fellowship always there…



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 12 2010 ~ I lived the nightmare of addiction for years, and now able to cope with life for a day. My reality this morning; a beautiful winter morning, nearby close family are happy and I have breakfast shortly with a friend. Camera at the ready, my mood is light. It takes time to find emotional and spiritual wellbeing, freedom and choices and it is simply just for today



December 12 2010 ~ A common solution for unique authentic human beings. One similarity as many solutions as there are people in recovery. Twelve steps of action, twelve principles underpinned by an open honest and willing outlook. When I become closed, dishonest and unwilling, I am the deadweight today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "A COMMON SOLUTION December 12, 2010 the tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action. This is the great news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS



The most far-reaching Twelfth Step work was the publication of our Big Book, Alcoholics Anonymous. Few can equal that book for carrying the message. My idea is to get out of myself and simply do what I can. Even if I haven’t been asked to sponsor and my phone rarely rings, I am still able to do Twelfth Step work. I get involved in “brotherly and harmonious action.” At meetings I show up early to greet people and to help set up, and to share my experience, strength and hope. I also do what I can with service work. My Higher Power gives me exactly what He wants me to do at any given point in my recovery and, if I let Him, my willingness will bring Twelfth Step work automatically."

-/-

No comments: