Sunday 11 December 2011

December 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action

December 11 | AA 12 Steps In Action |







Sobriety is often said to be “an inside job.” I need to be careful; the inside job is living reality and contingent on my spiritual condition. Living reality, listening and learning, and most important understanding my mood, how it affects my thinking and then the actions I take. Old behaviour: step six and fear, new behaviour step seven and faith. In truth a bit of six, and more seven, faith is good just for today…



Humility: to keep learning the truth today. The more I find the truth of who I am, which simply happens now, how I feel, and then how I think and as a consequence how I behave. Learning the truth of who I am is in my actions today. Secrets kept me stuck, shame and guilt kept me stuck, not feeling right, fear which came out as anger and resentment or worse, silence as I wondered what people thought. Today I may ask for help, share, learn from others and how to love, be loved and free in my choices and actions today...



DonInLondon 2005-2010



December 11 2010 ~ with humility the ability to keep on learning and humility is the greatest challenge. We learn more and think more which is difficult. We think we know better. I know I need challenges to my thinking, my best thinking kept me drinking for decades. Now, emotional and spiritual learning keeps me sober today...



December 11 2010 ~ recovery life in fellowship with twelve steps: action to improve my emotional and spiritual condition. Experiencing sober reality with clarity was a shock to me, nothing to take the edge off my feelings. Emotions were extreme, raw and it took time for them to settle. Most often my feelings match my reality as it is today...



AA Daily Reflections ~ "A GENUINE HUMILITY if we are actually to practice a genuine humility. This is to the end that our great blessings may never spoil us; that we shall forever live in thankful contemplation of Him who presides over us all. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 192



Experience has taught me that my alcoholic personality tends to be grandiose. While having seemingly good intentions, I can go off on tangents in pursuit of my “causes.” My ego takes over and I lose sight of my primary purpose. I may even take credit for God’s handiwork in my life. Such an overstated feeling of my own importance is dangerous to my sobriety and could cause great harm to A.A. as a whole. My safeguard, the Twelfth Tradition, serves to keep me humble. I realize, both as an individual and as a member of the Fellowship, that I cannot boast of my accomplishments, and that “God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.”

-/-

No comments: