Thursday 9 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 9 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 9 2013: step five in mind… "Do I respect myself? And do I respect people, places and things? How do I feel about me right now?" Three questions: I do respect myself and I do respect people, places and things. And I feel okay today. The rodent operations team have recommended that a carpenter come to deal with mouse holes in my flat. It is like a Swiss cheese with plenty of holes today. And I imagine... When the mouse carpenter comes, he will scratch his head as I do. It can be very difficult when there are many holes in one's outlook, let alone mouse holes, at the same time I know there are always nooks and crannies where even the most ardent observer of respectful behaviour can slip through the moral conundrums which we will face today…

Over the last few weeks there have been many moments of challenge, in being respectful of others, who tell lies to cover up, they just tell lies, because they can and think they won't get away with it. And there is moral high ground person within me who just wants them being brought down to earth. If I have to bring them back down to earth, the impact on me, can be horrible, and quite devastating, because that is what I know I can do to them. I'd rather keep off my high horse, it is a long way to tumble on any day, and healing can take an awful long time…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 9

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: