Saturday 4 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 4 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 4 2013: step five in mind… May 4 2013: step five in mind… "You look like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders…" It often felt that way for me, I took responsibility for everything, the world, you and me, and it was my responsibility to put it right. I don't know why I felt this way? Maybe it was because I could see what was wrong and what needed to be put right. In the end I was grateful for step five, because I learned what I was responsible for, and my part in it. It cut me down and made me responsible for what I did, not what you did. And certainly not responsible for all the ills of society I could see and do nothing about…

And when we look at the world, sometimes life is hell, and sometimes life is heaven, and most of the time, it's just the way it is because nobody has the power to put everything right: especially all those things you do wrong and I have no control over. I know this reads a bit hostile, and you might find you are in a similar position to me. There are a lot of people out there doing wrong things and engaged in wrongdoing, the problem is if you tell them so, they will still do it and blame you, as a consequence, because you did not stop them. Better to be a little bit Buddhist in this respect, just because you feel like shooting somebody, don't blame me if you do, you have your hand on your trigger today…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 4

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: