Monday 20 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 20 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 20 2013: step five in mind… Step five really helped me understand the difference between step six and step seven. Step six, will always be about being overwhelmed by fear, putting on a brave face to hide my feelings and ego or pride, getting in the way, and spoiling my outlook. Step seven, my shortcomings: lack of courage, lack of faith and lack of confidence… Again, it is always about my approach, my attitude of mind, and especially my mood and feelings. Step six, when I feel undermined, either by others or by history, can set me off into a downward spiral of anger and resentment which makes it difficult to see the truth of now. When I let go those old feelings and attitudes, there is room to have courage to change, faith in finding out the truth and possible, and growing confidence in sharing what is going on so I can get help when I need it.

And today? I am not the only one, I can still have all the defects of character come out when others don't play fair. What I need to do is get help, don't sit on those feelings and let them fester, share the feelings and learn where I can get help from the right people at the right time. I don't know about you but I was always taught to be self sufficient, self sufficiency undermined my ability for a long while. To get to the real truth. I need perspective, and I need you. One day at a time…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 20

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: