Tuesday 21 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 21 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 21 2013: step five in mind… "When I was a kid, I had to learn my twelve times table. And to this day, after those early attempts which were learning by rote, I know my twelve times table backwards and forwards." I can remember every day, learning the tables was just part of what we did. When it comes to learning my feelings, my feelings seem to change every day, and the responses I give. When people express their feelings to me, and I can express them back, there is and was a subtle change, or even a big change in my feelings and how deep they run. No wonder an incident from years ago, can be unhinging, no wonder it can take many attempts to find acceptance of life on life's terms, because it keeps on changing all the time!

Love at first sight can happen and it's wonderful. Love in hindsight can happen and it's awful. Love is in the air and its intoxicating. Love doesn't live here any more, and it's depressing! I don't mean that am not in love right at this moment I'm just saying what it's like, with love. And there is good news and bad news in all of this… Every other feeling is the same! Is it any wonder we used to drink? Not at all, but these days sharing about my feelings means that as big situations and big feelings happen, I have learned how to share them straight away even though it can take ages for my emotional state to find some balance just for a day…


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 21

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: