Sunday 19 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 19 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 19 2013: step five in mind… "God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference…" Just because I know the truth today and have all the facts at my disposal, it does not mean I am right and you are wrong. You may see the truth of now differently to me and put forward facts which support your case. We both have head full of facts and yet we might shout at each other, angrily suggesting the you are, or I am lying…

Having just received answers in an email to genuine complaints, the facts sent to me are erroneous. I must admit that I have anger and resentment toward the person writing erroneous and misleading "facts" which bear no resemblance to the truth as I know it. What can I do? Can I change them and their outlook? Or should I let it go? Can do: "I can state my case, and provide photographic evidence." It will not get me anywhere except under the burden of anger and resentment, not only for today, but for another week or two? Is it worth it? Not for me, I shall hand it over to powers greater than me!


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 19

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: