Monday 6 May 2013

Alcoholics Anonymous | May 6 | DonInLondon | Step 5 "Share Your Truth"



May 6 2013: step five in mind… "Step four: all my liabilities and all my assets. Stripped bare and sharing this with…" How you share step five is your business, and the objective is simply to clear the decks, understand how we got to wherever we got to and what are we going to do now? Today it is sunny and I am going out, even though my feet hurt like hell, my back hurts and I ought to be lying down! Bugger that, sunshine is rare these days. And a few minutes out, or a bit longer will do me the world of good in my head. Even when my body is complaining.

I will learn a little bit more about myself today, no one has a complete identity, and anyone can change if they choose to. A lot of people do get stuck being one way and fear change. I need to embrace change, understand what I can do and what I cannot do today. And only by endeavour and having a go, will I make progress. It does not matter what progress I make, so long as I am sober and making free choices without fear and without ego. And without pride, getting in the way of learning… Easy Peasy lemon Squeezy? Not fucking likely!


Alcoholics Anonymous DonInLondon "Step Five Collection" May 6

Alcoholics Anonymous, 12 Steps AA, AA Step 5, Addiction And Recovery, DonInLondon, Don Oddy,

No comments: