Sunday 4 March 2012

March 4 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 4 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 Let Go | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "growth and willingness." The fundamentals of step three for me are about letting go old notions and ideas and especially letting go of what I thought the truth was back in the day of drink…



Someone said recently, "I need to be more assertive!" This was them talking about themselves, not about me. One thing I know, anyone can be assertive without being aggressive, which is good, but it does not make them right. Being assertive about how we feel, why and what to do is really helpful. Assertiveness need not be mistaken for truth, love and wisdom. We still need to learn what the truth is, what love is and keep learning wisdom day by day…



I enjoy not knowing the questions and not knowing the answers on a daily basis. That is to the big questions in life, for example? I just don't know yet. At the same time some basic routines for me include: step one, powerless over alcohol and if I take a drink life will become unmanageable. Step two, contingent on asking I can be restored to sanity just for today. Step three let go and ask…



And any time during the day when things are right it's a good time to reflect on why. And if things are wrong or feel wrong an even better time to reflect and get in conscious contact with something outside me!



"Two heads are better than one." "Many hands make light work." "Too many cooks spoil the broth." One or other or more than one may be appropriate at any time, and in any place… We still need to work that bit out and if I am confused it certainly is time to pick up the phone…



Two meetings yesterday and both were very, very helpful to me. Helping me by being in touch with people I know, hearing wisdom, sad stories and joyful stories for the truth, love and wisdom of life. From new beginnings, and newcomers to decades sober and old timers. All worth listening to, to understand life is always about learning how to be oneself just for a day…



AA Daily Reflection: WEEDING THE GARDEN ~ MARCH 4, The essence of all growth is a willingness to make a change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 115



By the time I had reached Step Three I had been freed of my dependence on alcohol, but bitter experience has shown me that continuous sobriety requires continuous effort. Every now and then I pause to take a good look at my progress. More and more of my garden is weeded each time I look, but each time I also find new weeds sprouting where I thought I had made my final pass with the blade. As I head back to get the newly sprouted weed (it’s easier when they are young), I take a moment to admire how lush the growing vegetables and flowers are, and my labors are rewarded. My sobriety grows and bears fruit.



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Obsession will drive us into the jaws of insanity ~ Anne Frank "I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart." Balance in our daily endeavours, we get perespective in all matters of emotional and spiritual life...



Living in the ever present, imperfectly perfect, moment of now ~ Anne Frank "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." -/- Improving our outlook, attitude and behaviour, we are open and included in the world of now...





AA "All About" Learning who we are today ~ Sydney J. Harris "Ninety percent of the world's woe comes from people not knowing themselves, their abilities, their frailties, and even their real virtues. Most of us go almost all the way through life as complete strangers to ourselves." Emotional and spiritual learning is always just for today...



Open Honest & Willing, a new start every day.. ~ - Virginia Woolf "If we do not tell the truth about ourselves we cannot tell it about other people." -/- Clean house, our own back yard and our choices are clear and fresh...



AA Daily Reflection: WEEDING THE GARDEN ~ MARCH 4, The essence of all growth is a willingness to make a change for the better and then an unremitting willingness to shoulder whatever responsibility this entails. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 115



By the time I had reached Step Three I had been freed of my dependence on alcohol, but bitter experience has shown me that continuous sobriety requires continuous effort. Every now and then I pause to take a good look at my progress. More and more of my garden is weeded each time I look, but each time I also find new weeds sprouting where I thought I had made my final pass with the blade. As I head back to get the newly sprouted weed (it’s easier when they are young), I take a moment to admire how lush the growing vegetables and flowers are, and my labors are rewarded. My sobriety grows and bears fruit.





Step 3 Reading Video Link:







"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"



-/-

No comments: