Sunday 18 March 2012

March 18 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 18 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "real independence." To let go old attitudes, and old behaviour associated with self harm and then led into harming others, is absolutely necessary in recovery. Let go and let good, learning how to be open honest and willing to change takes time, and patience as we progress. I don't know if it is about real independence or about how we as humans are equally interdependent in this complicated world. I prefer freedom of choice in this interdependent world…



I enjoy my recovery, even when the road gets a bit bumpy. I don't enjoy recovery when life is painful for whatever reason. So sometimes life is good, bad or indifferent? I guess it is when I realise and understand my feelings fit with my experience today. Feelings being right sized in the moment of now. I do enjoy living as independently as life affords, with freedom of choice to do what I can and cannot do today. And an understanding of my real circumstances and opportunities when I let go and let the world in…



Much is made of the suggestion, "let go and let God." Step three and any of the steps work and become tailored to the individual as we explore life and live it. Letting go and letting the good of life happen opens the door to new living and ways of improving our adventure day by day. We may have desires, needs and wants and when we share with others, we improve the possibilities of where life may go. I never thought I would be alive today, and my usefulness changes as life changes and no longer hampered or driven to distraction by needing to be right or feeling wrong footed in any given moment…



Gone are the days where I feel I need to make a mark on this planet, or prove my worth or worthiness in some bright shiny way. Life is without conditions and learning how to love people and be loved back, and find usefulness in endeavour whatever it may be makes life worth living. Being a beginner upon waking and learning a little bit more or a lot more before retiring to bed, about who I am and who you are is always good enough for today…

-/-



DonInLondon 2005-2011



"my way or the highway?" for me has become "thy way is the highway" now I know I am right sized, no bigger or smaller than anyone. No guru's, simply truth, love and wisdom from others, in abundance each day. A broad and bigger highway today



All life experience includes good and less good interludes, each case taken on its merit ..~ Samuel Johnson "It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust" -/- Tempted by apples, we can always find a peachy one.. books and covers, judge less, investigate more!



Right sized and right relationships, independent and interdependent, life works for a day ~ Oliver Cromwell "Trust in God, and keep your powder dry." -/- And for some of us, "Trust in God and keep your brain box dry" let in truth, love and wisdom of others..



Often we share what is agreeable, and listen with a great deal of judgment ~ Henry David Thoreau "It takes two to speak the truth - one to speak, and another to hear" Truth is easier to speak with experience, listening to the truth difficult when we fear it, change is inevitable.. more stuck or more open..



Freedom of choice, smooth passage, potholes and puddles always on the road of destiny ~ Henry Van Dyke "In the progress of personality, first comes a declaration of independence, then a recognition of interdependence" -/- Learning how to be interdependent and trust without expectation helps us understand our own fallibility, and that we and everyone makes progress and is never perfect, the steps helps us resolve our conduct not that of others... Henry Van Dyke

-/-



AA Daily Reflection: REAL INDEPENDENCE The more we become willing to depend upon a Higher Power, the more independent we actually are. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 36



I start with a little willingness to trust God and He causes that willingness to grow. The more willingness I have, the more trust I gain, and the more trust I gain, the more willingness I have. My dependence on God grows as my trust in Him grows. Before I became willing, I depended on myself for all my needs and I was restricted by my incompleteness. Through my willingness to depend upon my Higher Power, whom I choose to call God, all my needs are provided for by Someone Who knows me better than I know myself – even the needs I may not realize, as well as the ones yet to come, bring me to be myself and to help me fill the need in someone else that only I am meant to fill. There never will be another exactly like me. And that is real independence.

-/-



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:







Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIJM_JUs0fM

"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: