Sunday 25 March 2012

March 25 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 25 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous Today's AA daily reflection: "a full and thankful heart…" Letting go the old life, where expectations and notions that I might deserve something just because… To a new outlook on a daily basis, "let go and let good things happen by being open honest and willing."



Happily in recovery, I realise and dedicate myself to actions which help me be open. My ambition is to have a sober day and my aspiration is to make the most of what can be done on my own and also by asking the help when I don't know what to do. I don't negotiate when I meditate, and I don't focus on me when I pray. My life is not conventional, my usefulness is not predetermined, I keep learning how to love people and be loved back and cope with reality just for today…



On a daily basis we do make and enter into negotiations and bargain with "reality" when we find it difficult. And actually life is difficult! And when I find myself entering into negotiations and bargaining with God or simply the universe, I forget the serenity prayer if I am falling into my old behaviour. When I say the serenity prayer inside my head or out loud I'm always reminded where serenity starts: in good conscience, or to God, "grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."



I always come to the conclusion that I can have gratitude for knowing what my situation is day by day. It does not mean I will like my circumstances, indeed my feelings may be very hard to deal with as life goes on, and age is taking the edge off me! At the same time I do know what is working within emotionally and what is working physically. Knowing my situation really helps to understand what I can and cannot do today. Admitting and accepting life on life's terms…



Let go and let God, and letting go and handing it over is almost coming to a place of inertia and no action. Letting go and asking for help in practical ways is action leading to the possibility of different outcomes. Let go and let God, letting go and handing it over can really rankle and feel like letting go and giving up in my world. The key is ask the help, and search for the answers whereever they may be, and the "higher power" is always there in the moment of now…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Wisdom gained from open, honest and willing actions improves our daily courage, faith and confidence ~ Thomas Jefferson "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom" ~ Closed, unwilling and isolated we remain fearful, need find a brave face and find a brittle ego to shield us from our dark...



Letting go old patterns of thinking and feeling, simply letting go bad habits is never easy until it becomes so.. ~ Benjamin Franklin "The doors of wisdom are never shut" -/- With courage we look outward, with faith we see truth, we have choices and with confidence we walk into a new day...

-/-

AA Daily Reflection: Daily Reflections ~ A FULL AND THANKFUL HEART I try hard to hold fast to the truth that a full and thankful heart cannot entertain certain conceits. When brimming with gratitude, one’s heartbeat must surely result in outgoing love, the finest emotion that we can ever know. AS BILL SEES IT, p. 37



I believe that we in Alcoholics Anonymous are fortunate in that we are constantly reminded of the need to be grateful and of how important gratitude is in our sobriety. I am truly grateful for the sobriety God has given me through the A.A. program and am glad I can give back what was given to me freely. I am grateful not only for sobriety, but for the quality of life my sobriety has brought. God has been gracious enough to give me sober days and a life blessed with peace and contentment, as well as the ability to give and receive love, and the opportunity to serve others — in our Fellowship, my family and community. For all of this, I have “a full and thankful heart.”

-/-

As Bill Sees It ~ Never Again! "Most people feel more secure on the twenty-four-hour basis than they do in the resolution that they will never drink again. Most of them have broken too many resolutions. It's really a matter of personal choice; every A.A. has the privilege of interpreting the program as he likes.



"Personally, I take the atitude that I intend never to drink again. This is somewhat different from saying, `I will never drink again.' The latter attitude sometimes gets people in trouble because it is undertaking on a personal basis to do what we alcoholics never could do. It is too much an act of will and leaves us too little room for the idea that God will release us fromthe drink obsession provided we follow the A.A. program." LETTER, 1949

-/-



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: