Monday 12 March 2012

March 12 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 12 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "a daily plan, the big picture!" Upon waking I ask myself, "how am I feeling, why and what can I do." That's all about me! I do not live in isolation, and then I consider, "how might this day be for everyone, why and what can we do together." The daily plan is about being included and part of life, sharing and agreeing what needs to be done and not about what I want for me just for today…



We all have our roles to play in life no matter how far down we have gone. Recovery is about developing and growing into our communities as we may do today. In early recovery the best community for me was and is Alcoholics Anonymous. Emotionally and spiritually fit to meet the challenges of life. Well-being growing as life offers opportunity, no expectations or feelings of deserving something, simply open to what I can do and cannot do and knowing the wisdom each and every day…



And what about God's plan? When I consider nature and nurture, nature is what I have been given, nurture is what I am learning. Each play their part and each can be separated as part of life. We can certainly plan and make plans as life is evolving and make the best of what is today. I need to work on my spiritual living in the moment, and my emotional needs, where my feelings fit reality, always a good starting point even when I have no clue what might be the outcomes today…



Springtime! It is a beautiful world, and I feel it and have felt it these last few days. Even though great physical pain has hampered my ability to function, there have been many beautiful moments… Learning useful skills, reminding myself to be a beginner at the start of each day opens the door to new possibilities and new beginnings any time, any place and anywhere. Always the journey, and not necessarily the destination…





DonInLondon 2005-2011



We can restart our day anytime, with courage faith and confidence to keep learning in the moment of now ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson "All life is an experiment. The more experiments we make the better." -/- Truth works. Fear, brave facing and ego isolate us, we need be included, right attitude and behaviour, our world opens to good choices..



Restart our day anytime, right now? Expect nothing, deserve nothing, anticipate nothing, judge nothing, do something! Mark Twain "Don't go around saying the world owes us a living. The world owes us nothing. It was here first." -/- Love people, places and things as they are, forgive everyone and ourselves, make choices to good conscience, right sized and maybe we get to be included..



Emotional and spiritual balance like time, available in the moment of now ~ Jim Rohn ~ "Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins." One small step for a child, a giant leap in recovery..



Complicated, apoplectic and sober? Let go and keep it simple ~ Kahlil Gibran ~ "Perplexity is the beginning of knowledge." We can jump start our outlook as many times a day as it takes.. new beginnings possible always..



AA Daily Reflection: A DAY'S PLAN ~ MARCH 12, On awakening let us think of the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 86

-/-

Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: