Tuesday 27 March 2012

March 27 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 27 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 "Let Go" | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous | Today's AA daily reflection: "AA's freedoms…" As Bill one of the cofounders wrote, "we trust that we already know what our several freedoms truly are; ... And that there are no mandates laws or commandments in our fellowship." If our Fellowship was anything other than anarchic democracy I doubt I would have stayed and found sobriety…



I have always found that truth works when I work at it. I have to let go what I think I know and what I've learned which can be full of prejudice towards myself and towards others. Self prejudice in the end caught me in a spiral of 24 7 drinking, isolation and a desperately desolate existence. Fellowship provided me with a way to find the truth of my situation daily, how to be loved and love back and useful in whatever way a person finds in recovery…



Contingent on the day I ask for help and let go my old attitudes and behaviour, I keep on making progress to be able to feel life as it is in the moment. Every feeling is valid, and when they are at extremes that is when I need ask for help most, because I cannot keep feeling extremes without creating more anxiety and the likelihood of hiding and pretending I am okay, when I am not. Pretence and falsehoods will only gnaw deep and create fear, when there is no need. I need never be alone again…



Let go, asking for help in a practical way when I don't know the answers, does not mean I will get the answers. I will get a broader perspective, and the solution may take some time. Fear, ego and pride will keep me in everlasting ignorance I have heard it said. And I have found that to be true. Let go is one action and incomplete without asking for help, the second action which illuminates and helps me get guidance from any power greater than me. And there are many to ask and some will help me find the solutions day by day by day…



Every single step in the twelve step program is practical and has impact every day. Indeed we need experience of life for the twelve steps to be relevant and for us to learn how they work. The steps keep me in tune with my life as I live it today and it is not about knowing the answers before the questions become obvious. Life is serendipity and full of change and if I do not hold to expectations or feeling I deserve something, like really works and can be lived to the full…

-/-

DonInLondon 2005-2011



If we could see ourselves as others see us, if we could listen as others hear us, if we could feel the impact we have as others feel our impact. The gentle art of feedback, in fellowship we learn to be open, honest and willing, finding out who we are becoming today..



Fellowship where freedom of choice is paramount in sober living, keeps us honest, and willing to change ~ Nelson Mandela "Let freedom reign. The sun never to set on so glorious a human achievement" -/- Unity Service and Recovery, let go and let good, in truth we trust, good for today..



We learn to let go and let good. A daily practice in living twelve steps as we encounter experiences which need us to be forgiving of ourselves and others. Good conscience develops our awareness. Acceptance is our action to free up our choices and 'Keeping Life Real' ~ Hannah Arendt "Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom" -/-

-/-

AA Daily Reflection: A.A.'s FREEDOMS We trust that we already know what our several freedoms truly are; that no future generation of AA’s will ever feel compelled to limit them. Our AA freedoms create the soil in which genuine love can grow. . . . LANGUAGE OF THE HEART, p. 303

I craved freedom. First, freedom to drink; later, freedom from drink. The A.A. program of recovery rests on a foundation of free choice. There are no mandates, laws or commandments. A.A.’s spiritual program, as outlined in the Twelve Steps, and by which I am offered even greater freedoms, is only suggested. I can take it or leave it. Sponsorship is offered, not forced, and I come and go as I will. It is these and other freedoms that allow me to recapture the dignity that was crushed by the burden of drink, and which is so dearly needed to support an enduring sobriety.

-/-

As Bill Sees It ~ Daily Reprieve We are not cured of alcoholism. What we really have is a daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition.

We of A.A. obey spiritual principles, at first because we must, then because we ought to, and ultimately because we love the kind of life such obedience brings. Great suffering and great love are A.A.'s disciplinarians; we need no others.



Step 3 "Let Go" Reading Video Link:



"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"

-/-

No comments: