Friday 2 March 2012

March 2 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Alcoholics Anonymous

March 2 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 3 | 2012 | Today's AA daily reflection: "all about hope" and my reflections "letting go self prejudice." Hope is about seeking or desiring good outcomes for ourselves and other people. Hopeful is a positive attitude, without foundation and a wish to the good of life...



"Hope springs eternal," and words like optimism and enthusiasm come to mind describing my desire that life can be simply good! And for me it is an attitude of mind, hopefulness helps me with my faith that life will be the best it can right now. Even when life is almost torturous and difficult, I am learning from personal experience and the experiences and wisdom of others...



One of the most difficult aspects of any addictive and alcoholic behaviour is realising that we have a chronic disease. There is no cure, like anything which won't go away it is what we do with our situation. I can blame myself till doomsday, I can blame the world, family and community and society for my condition and chronic ailment. Self prejudice, stuck in the mould of having a "self-inflicted wound," will surely make me isolate and hide away in misery. Self prejudice promotes self harm…



Letting go self prejudice and self harm, and coming out of the problem and looking for solutions is all part of the experience of life and recovery. Once I stopped blaming the world and myself, I needed help and support to find solutions on a daily basis…



I have the good fortune to have at least three chronic conditions which are recognised and understood. If I dwell on how many problems these conditions give me, I certainly will get stuck and hide away from life. If I accept my chronic conditions and work with solutions just one day at a time, with hope and faith that life is the best it can be right now I need not undermine my situation or that of anybody else.



I needed to let go my sorrow and continually asking myself "why me?" And when somebody said to me, "why not you?" I stopped looking at it as if it were a punishment. I am alive today, always a good reminder and that it is not a punishment. Happy or sad as life is, dealing and coping with the reality of my situation, decisions are easy based on truth and being open, honest and willing to learn today…





It's 2012 and my diaries and sharing daily reflections has been going on since June 1, 2004. One of the things I recognise in recovery is an attitude of self prejudice which can prevail and hamper a persons recovery. Shame and guilt, fear of being found out, a feeling that if people really knew my true situation I will be exiled and excommunicated from all elements of society I cherish…



Self prejudice leads to self harm. A hurting person, will often lash out at another person and find it acceptable to try and push, control and manipulate in early recovery and for some people the hurt just seems to go on and on and leads to death. Or worse a living hell making life hell for everyone who loves the person in trouble...



Anonymity in fellowship provides sanctuary to find out more truth and more about the solutions and how to live life with freedom of choice, freedom may be for the first time in our lives and freedom to choose what is good for us, what we can do and what we cannot do just for today. Always learning the wisdom to know the difference…



I have hope today and faith that if I cannot see the next right thing to do, I can ask the help from anyone anywhere within and outside the Fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous…



DonInLondon 2005-2011



Gone are the days of feeling entitled to something, that I know my rights, that I deserve this or that. I need not resort to blame or fault finding. When I ask for help and suggestions, I find out what feels right for others in any given situation. Interdependent yes, and we are all stakeholders in the outcomes...







AA Daily Reflection: HOPE ~ MARCH 2, Do not be discouraged. ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS, p. 60



Few experiences are of less value to me than fast sobriety. Too many times discouragement has been the bonus for unrealistic expectations, not to mention self-pity or fatigue from my wanting to change the world by the weekend. Discouragement is a warning signal that I may have wandered across the God line. The secret of fulfilling my potential is in acknowledging my limitations and believing that time is a gift, not a threat.



Hope is the key that unlocks the door of discouragement. The program promises me that if I do not pick up the first drink today, I will always have hope. Having come to believe that I keep what I share, every time I encourage, I receive courage. It is with others that, with the grace of God and the Fellowship of A.A., I trudge the road of happy destiny. May I always remember that the power within me is far greater than any fear before me. May I always have patience, for I am on the right road.





Step 3 Reading Video Link:







"Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him"



-/-

No comments: