Thursday 26 January 2012

January 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action | 2012 |

January 26 | AA 12 Steps In Action | 2012 | AA daily reflections: "rigorous honesty" in my experience has become a way of life. Understanding the truth of today means I need not make assumptions that what worked yesterday will work today. Indeed life is progress and to be lived in the moment. An open mind and no assumptions or expectations means it is unlikely that there are resentments under construction…



Living life in the moment, aware of our surroundings and what is going on means all our senses are working to cope with reality as it is, not what we want it to be and often not what we need it to be. Working with what is, the truth of our situation and the people around us, means we can respond and react as everything changes moment by moment…



My step six defects, putting on a brave face, fear without foundation will tend to make me hide from finding out the truth. Once I sacrifice the truth of my situation, or cannot see the truth in my situation the outcomes and consequences are not good. My step seven shortcomings of courage, faith and confidence grow when I find truth. It may take me a while to accept my situation, at the same time my actions and consequences improve today…



Being tough and tenacious in the right place at the right time can be a very difficult call. If we are working alone and there are no consequences for anyone else this may be appropriate. Most often, tough and tenacious when dealing with others and their involvement needs to be a team decision and not my decision alone! We don't know better for other people, life is compromise and understanding…





DonInLondon 2005-2011



No need to hide or fear much of anything today. First Principle in new sober living, open honest and willing to change our attitude and behaviour ~ Thomas Jefferson "Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom." -/- First Step to life choices...



Every day I try start with an open mind, be honest and willing to learn ~ Socrates "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." -/- Always the more I know, the less I know... Wisdom is a daily learning experience and never knowing what is right for you!



I'm on the road to? I have always known in a thinking way that it is the journey and not the destination which is important. Endurance can be a fine quality and expression through action. If my thinking says "I will be okay when I get there" I forget what good I have today emotionally and spiritually with friends, family and community. What matters is "now" wherever the road leads...



Our lives change in recovery, changes can be painful or joyful or simply a mixture of both. In fellowship we learn how to celebrate our new living, and to grieve for a life we leave behind, "the alcoholic or addict we were" ~ Anatole France "All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -/-



Step One "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable"



AA Daily: RIGOROUS HONESTY ~ JANUARY 26, who wishes to be rigorously honest and tolerant? Who wants to confess his faults to another and make restitution for harm done? Who cares anything about a Higher Power, let alone meditation and prayer? Who wants to sacrifice time and energy in trying to carry A.A.’s message to the next sufferer? No, the average alcoholic, self-centered in the extreme, doesn’t care for this prospect – unless he has to do these things in order to stay alive himself. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 24



I am an alcoholic. If I drink I will die. My, what power, energy, and emotion this simple statement generates in me! But it’s really all I need to know for today. Am I willing to stay alive today? Am I willing to stay sober today? Am I willing to ask for help and am I willing to be a help to another suffering alcoholic today? Have I discovered the fatal nature of my situation? What must I do, today, to stay sober?

-/-

No comments: