Thursday 26 April 2012

April 26 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 4 "Inventory" | Alcoholics Anonymous

April 26 2012 | AA 12 Steps In Action | Step 4 "Inventory" | Alcoholics Anonymous Today's AA daily reflection: "happiness is not the point…" And another quote from our literature in Fellowship: "we are not a glum lot…" This reminds me of my early years on the planet, up to the age of about 17, I certainly had started the journey of looking for meaning in life, and I was so confused…

Living in recovery for quite a while and having more time to reflect on the meaning of life, it truly is never the destination, it is the journey we have one day at a time. It's no longer about me…

"The best laid plans of mice and men…" Robert Burns 1785… In essence sums up the point that the past cannot be changed and the future is unknown, and the only place we make a difference is in the present moment. What happens now is dependent on our mood, how we are feeling right now which then impacts greatly on our thinking and what actions we take. Our feelings, how to love and be loved back, inclusion and empathy will always help guide us today…

A ramshackle type of day yesterday, listening and watching the antics of politicians in the UK, their cohorts and their persistence in living half truth lives. I needed to see it as a reminder of what I never want to be again… Progress not perfect, sometimes the imperfections in me are what I see in others. So I'm not picking up any stones to throw, I need simply work with what works in an open, honest and willing way and just for today…

DonInLondon 2005-2011
-/-
AA Daily Reflection: HAPPINESS IS NOT THE POINT I don’t think happiness or unhappiness is the point. How do we meet the problems we face? How do we best learn from them and transmit what we have learned to others, if they would receive the knowledge? AS BILL SEES IT, p. 306
In my search “to be happy,” I changed jobs, married and divorced, took geographical cures, and ran myself into debt–financially, emotionally and spiritually. In A.A., I’m learning to grow up. Instead of demanding that people, places and things make me happy, I can ask God for self-acceptance. When a problem overwhelms me, A.A.’s Twelve Steps will help me grow through the pain. The knowledge I gain can be a gift to others who suffer with the same problem. As Bill said, “When pain comes, we are expected to learn from it willingly, and help others to learn. When happiness comes, we accept it as a gift, and thank God for it.”
-/-
Step 4 "Fearless Inventory" Reading Video Link:

"Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves"
-/-
I do not speak for Alcoholics Anonymous I speak for myself. Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of unique and authentic people who speak for themselves where they will to share experience, strength and hope about recovery on a daily basis. Anonymity affords sanctuary to find how to live sober and be open, honest and willing to learn life day by day. For me "truth," "love" and "wisdom" offer the best spiritual experience by living reality today. Into the fabric of recovery from alcoholism are woven the Twelve Steps and the Twelve Traditions, steps to be open, honest and willing to learn, traditions to live unity, service and recovery.
-/-
Spiritual principles ~ Forgiveness Acceptance Surrender Faith Open-mindedness Honesty Willingness Moral-inventory Amends Humility Persistence Spiritual-growth Service
-/-

No comments: