Tuesday 15 November 2011

November 15| AA 12 Steps In Action |

November 15 | AA 12 Steps In Action |



The inner voice of feelings, so often choked off, suppressed and silent as reality is lived. The phrase: "suck it up," dealing with our feelings in silence and "soldier on." "Today I may be hurt and I will not show it." Putting our feelings to one side, and thinking we will deal with them later is often the reason we took a fix of drink or something to get over them. Feelings inform us now, what to do and how we are thinking about the next action. Step four, dealing with the mountain of hurts, and steps 10 and 11 maintenance of our spiritual condition, no mountain of hurt living in the moment of now...


A rush to judgment can rebound as old thinking and actions put us at war with ourselves and our fellows. A pause in reflection, the serenity prayer and seeing the can do, cannot do makes a difference. We can quickly see the big picture, it is not all about me, it is about us. I can change me and my attitudes, share my truth, how I feel and why, then my actions are in asking, not telling, empathy and reason may prevail just for today...


Back in the day, the idea of prayer never seemed to be an issue, I did not pray, or did I? I guess now it was prayer and medication. Today it is prayer and meditation to improve my contact with god. For me god is the truth of now, being able to love and be loved back, and useful in the world. No need of my old medication, alcohol, I can see with more clarity what I can and cannot do today…


DonInLondon 2005-2010


November 15 2010 ~ Similarities and "war stories", we share experience strength and hope. The insanity of self destruction whether we were street drinkers or behind lace curtain drinkers, the desolation and consequences are the same, the gilded cage or prison cell, both a living hell. All equal in our journey to hell and back, and simply sober today...


November 15 2010 ~ fearless and thorough in practicing the steps; not instantly perfect, simply progress in action. We can hear another share the revelation as the steps make sense at last. As enthusiasm for sobriety fuels our sharing, humility is key. Sometimes quickly usually slowly, it took me a long time to find out how to live sobriety one day at a time… -/-


AA Daily Reflections ~ "VITAL SUSTENANCE" Those of us who have come to make regular use of prayer would no more do without it than we would refuse air, food, or sunshine. And for the same reason. When we refuse air, light or food, the body suffers. And when we turn away from meditation and prayer, we likewise deprive our minds, our emotions, and our intuitions of vitally needed support. TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS p. 97


Step Eleven doesn’t have to overwhelm me. Conscious contact with God can be as simple, and as profound, as conscious contact with another human being. I can smile. I can listen. I can forgive. Every encounter with another is an opportunity for prayer, for acknowledging God’s presence within me. Today I can bring myself a little closer to my Higher Power. The more I choose to seek the beauty of God’s work in other people, the more certain of His presence I will become." -/-

No comments: