Monday 21 February 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 21



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 21 |

When I first came to A.A., I decided that “they” were very nice people–perhaps a little naive, a little too friendly, but basically decent, earnest people (with whom I had nothing in common). I saw “them” at meetings –after all, that was where “they” existed - As Bill Sees It

Restored and included in fellowship we are connected in all elements of life ~ Albert Schweitzer "Love . . . includes fellowship in suffering, in joy and in effort." -/- We need work it, to be worth it, a balance in humility and esteem..

Out of isolation into inclusion, a shock to our outlook, we are part of life again ~ Albert Schweitzer "We don't live in a world all our own. Our brothers and sisters are here, too." -/- It was never all about me..


Unity, service and recovery, we can be a part of living ~ Emily Dickinson "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain; If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, I shall not live in vain." -/- No one human more or less important than another, lest we forget..

Spiritual encompasses all elements of living in reality ~ Simone de Beauvoir "One's life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, and compassion." -/- We are responsible, when anyone, anywhere reaches out for help..

I do need to lean on the many in fellowship, and get help outside the fellowship when I am out of my depth. Experience has taught me the limits of what I can and cannot do. In fellowship as a non professional and as a citizen in daily life, when there is an emergency, we call emergency services and apply first aid as we may be trained...

Step 2 "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now...

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Don Oddy, Recovery Life Works, Addiction And Recovery, Alcohol, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: