Tuesday 15 February 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 15



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 2 | February 15 |

Are these extravagant promises? We think not. They are being fulfilled among us–sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly. They will always materialize if we work for them...

I have found reality to be the greatest gift, the ability to cope with what is going on now in my life as it happens, with less denial and less grief. Clearing the wreckage of the past with forgiveness, with love and humility means I can see today with clarity. I feel right sized and equal right now...

"The Power Of Love"- Maxim Gorky "When one loves somebody, everything is clear - where to go, what to do - it all takes care of itself and one doesn't have to ask anybody about anything." When I am sober, more of life is clear, and in fellowship clarity comes with listening and sharing life on lifes terms..

Learning to learn again in every moment without fear, shame or guilt opens up the doors to a new way of living ~ Robert Frost "Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence." some say "beyond our wildest dreams," for me "now" is no longer my worst fears of being found out..

Step 2 "Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity"

We find it amazing that the newcomer can start the A.A. program without any specific beliefs or, for that matter, without any beliefs whatsoever. All a person needs is the open-mindedness and the willingness to believe that WE BELIEVE this program works...

"God [it is what I understand to be God or a "Higher Power," always a personal understanding we have for ourselves, there is no AA or common understanding, simply what you believe] grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference" God is often understood to be: Truth, Love and Wisdom in the moment of now...

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Don Oddy, Recovery Life Works, Addiction And Recovery, Alcohol, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: