Monday 31 January 2011

Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 1 | January 31



Alcoholics Anonymous | Step 1 | January 31 |

Learning how to be open, honest and willing with twelve steps of AA has opened the door to a new way of life, sober one day at a time. In unity service and recovery, the twelve traditions serve all as we understand them. If you or I relapsed, the hand of AA is always there, that is my hope today...

Step One "We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable"

"God [it is what we understand to be God or a "Higher Power"] grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot, Courage to Change the things I can and the Wisdom to Know the Difference" God is Truth Love and Wisdom in the moment of now...

"I am responsible ... When anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help, I want the hand of A. A. always to be there. And for that, I am responsible." We lean on the fellowship to keep our sobriety, we may have a sponsor for the steps and we make friends with like minded people we meet in recovery. When a sponsor rejects someone who relapses, the sponsor has in my opinion misunderstood a fundamental principle and responsibility. Our sponsorship guidelines are clear!

Alcoholics Anonymous, DonInLondon, Don Oddy, Recovery Life Works, Addiction And Recovery, Alcohol, Alcoholism

Alcoholics Anonymous | DonInLondon | Life Works In Recovery |

No comments: